Get a Library Card
What types of identification are accepted?
·ValidFlorida or out-of-state driver’s license
· Florida state photo ID
· Valid passport
· Student or work ID
What if I lost my card?
Cards may be replaced for a fee of $3.00.
May I get a card if I do not live in Escambia County?
· Non-resident cards are available to those who live outside Escambia County and do not qualify for a free card.
· Non-resident cards are available for an annual fee of $50.
What if I am staying in Escambia County for a period of time?
Short-term library cards are available at no charge to those who…
· are employed at a public or private school in Escambia County (card expires in one year)
· are in the military and work at a military base in Escambia County (card expires in one year)
· attend any public or private school in Escambia County and can provide a current class schedule or school ID
(card expires at the end of each semester)
· are visiting Escambia County for 3 or more weeks and can provide a lease agreement (card expires at the end of the lease period)
· are in a treatment program in Escambia County and can provide an official letter verifying his or her address (card expires in three months)
· are living in an Escambia County shelter and can provide an official letter from the shelter verifying his or her address (card expires in three months)
How do I get a card for my child?
Children (0-12) and youth (13-17) may apply for a library card when their parent or legal guardian (with proper ID) accompanies them to the library.
What do I need to know about my library card?
· Present your card each time materials are borrowed.
· WFPL cards may be used at any West Florida Public Library location.
· Each time a card is renewed, personal information will be updated and all fines and fees are to be paid in full.
How many items may I check out?
·Up to 15 books
· Up to 4 books on CD
· Up to 4 music CDs
· Up to 4 DVDs
· Up to 15 magazines
How much are fines and fees?
Item Type Days on Loan Overdue Fines
· Books and Magazines 21 20 cents per day/ $7 max
· 7-Day Books 7 20 cents per day/ $7 max
· CDs (Music & Audiobooks) 21 20 cents per day/ $7 max
· DVDs 7 20 cents per day/ $7 max
· Interlibrary Loans Varies by lender See ILL Policy
For questions about borrowing items, please call the Circulation Department at (850) 436-5060.