You are currently viewing: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policy
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policy
West Florida Public Library (WFPL) Interlibrary Loan Service offers library card holders, in good standing, the ability to request materials not owned by our library system from other libraries around the state and across the U.S.
· The following materials may not be requested:
¨ on order (the Library has already ordered the item)
¨ owned by the WFPL system
¨ published within the past six months,
¨ DVDs or VHSs
¨ a comparable format is already owned by the WFPL system
· The delivery date of ILL items cannot be guaranteed.
· We reserve the right to make any item “In Library Use Only”.
· Patrons are responsible for the replacement cost and processing fee of any ILL items that are lost, damaged, or stolen.
¨ The cost and fee are determined by the lending library.
· Some libraries charge a fee to borrow an item. Patrons must pay this fee before we will order items.
· Limited-A card holders are not eligible to place ILL requests.
· When there is no specific policy, the General Borrowing Policies for items owned by WFPL will apply to the ILL item.
· The total number of Interlibrary Loan requests a patron has at any one time will be limited.
¨ The limit can be changed at any time
· Photocopy/Microfilm requests cannot be requested online. They must be submitted on a signed photocopy/Microfilm form.
· ILL items will only be checked out on the WFPL card on which it was requested.
¨ You will need to present your library card to pick up material.
· The name and information on the ILL form must match the library card account information.
· ILL items may be returned to any West Florida Public Library location, regardless of where they were originally checked out.
· Charges will occur if materials are late, damaged or lost.
· Due dates
¨ ILL items will be checked out for a specified period. Each lending library has its own ILL policy and determines the date when the item is to be returned. It is our intent to honor the policies of those libraries that are willing to share their materials with us. We cannot guarantee the length of the check-out period for an ILL request.
¨ Items will be held until the due date posted on the material. Items that are not picked up by the due date will be returned to the lending library.
¨ Patrons are encouraged to call the library if for some reason they are unable to pick up an ILL request within the specified time limit. We can try to get an extension of the due date.
¨ Continuous disregard of due dates and/or not picking up requested items will result in the loss of this service for the borrower.
¨ Photocopies that are not picked up within four weeks will be discarded.
¨ Renewals are given by the lending library. Most libraries will give a due date renewal, but some will not.
¨ Patrons must speak with the ILL Department to renew ILL items. Circulation staff cannot renew these items nor can ILL items be renewed online.
CLICK HERE to access Interlibrary Loan services.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policies (Updated 12-2011)