Get a Library Card
(Remember to bring your ID with you when you pick up your library card.)
Your free library card is your access to the many resources of West Florida Public Library, and is good at all locations. Always present your card each time you borrow materials. The Library’s Registration Policy and other library policies are available on MyWFPL.COM
Residents of Escambia County, Florida may apply for a card by presenting identification such as Florida or out-of-state driver’s license, Florida State photo ID, passport, student ID, work ID, etc.
Resident library cards are available at no charge to anyone who
1.Lives in or owns property in Escambia County
2. Owns a business in Escambia County
3. Works for the City of Pensacola or Escambia County
Resident library cards renew every two years at which time personal information is verified and all fines and charges are to be paid in full. Replacement of a lost card is $3.
Non-resident library cards are available to those who live outside EscambiaCounty and do not qualify for a free card. Non-resident cards are available for an annual fee of $50.
Short-term library cards are available at no charge to anyone who
1. Is employed at a public or private school in Escambia County(card expires in one year)
2. Is in the military and works at a military base in Escambia County(card expires in one year)
3. Attends any public or private school in Escambia County and can provide a current class schedule or school ID (card expires at the end of the semester)
4. Is visiting Escambia County for 3 or more weeks and can provide a lease agreement (card expires at the end of the lease period)
5. Is in a treatment program in Escambia County and can provide an official letter verifying his or her address (card expires in three months)
6. Is living in an Escambia County shelter and can provide an official letter from the shelter verifying his or her address (card expires in three months)
Children: Youth (ages 13-17) and juveniles (ages 0-12) may apply for a library card when their parent or legal guardian (with proper ID) accompanies them to the library.